Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Everybody and Their Monkey Has a Blog...

Yeah, so it seems like just about everybody has a blog these days - and to be honest, now I have two (my other blog barely counts, though, since it's part of a youth ministry resource page I put together and I haven't actually updated it for about a year now).

So, why a blog, you ask?  What's that - you didn't ask?  Well, thanks for being a team player, jerk.  Just for that I'm going to answer your question anyway.  

Here's the thing....  This blog is more about me than it is about you.  Yeah, I get how self-centered that statement sounds, but I just said that this wasn't about you, so, uh, get over it.  Okay, that came across with a little more snark than I had intended....  But seriously, I wanted to have a single place where I could record this story and share what's going on with people who might be interested.  I would never presume to think that you would be one of those people, so rather than gum up your inbox with spiritual spam or risk offending someone by leaving them off the list, I decided it would be easier (and, apparently, more trendy), to chronicle my exploits in this blog.

Beyond that, there's this....  I started this application process back in April, and since then some of the best resources I've found to help me along the journey have been the blogs of other guys going through the same thing.  So, if by sharing my story, I can help someone else sort things out for themselves, well, bully for me then.

So, now that we're three posts deep in this, let's lay down some ground rules:

1.  I will post things to this blog when there are things that deserve to be posted.  Don't expect to get a regular daily update or anything like that.  And if there should be a lengthy lapse between posts don't expect a "sorry I've been too busy to..." post from me.  Just assume that either my life has been too busy, or (and this one is more than likely the case) my life has, in fact, been too boring to produce anything blogworthy.  Your best bet would probably be to subscribe to the posts in an RSS reader - that way you don't have to go looking for them, they just come straight to you.

2.  Expect snark.  If you know me very well at all you know that I've got a sarcastic streak a mile wide.  Blame my parents - they've always had a "survival of the fittest" approach to child-rearing (I love you Mom & Dad).  If you read something on here and find yourself thinking "he couldn't possibly be serious about that..." then trust your gut.

3.  Don't come here looking for perfect grammar, spelling, or punctuation.  There are plenty of other blogs for that.

If you've made it this far, thanks for playing along.

No comments:

Post a Comment